If you are selling your home, you should do yourself a big favor and sell it with a realtor's help. Working with a realtor on the sale of your home can save you from a lot of unnecessary hassle and work. Here are 3 reasons realtors are great when selling your home:
1: Realtors can help you come out further ahead financially
When you sell your home you will want to come out as financially ahead as you possibly can. Some people think that they can save money selling their home themselves, but they often end up finding this isn't how things end up working out for them. When you choose to go with a realtor, you save money on things like advertising. Plus, the realtor will give you pointers on simple things that can be done to help you get more from your home. These will be things you may not know about that can really make a difference. So, you can end up getting much more in the end by way of a realtor.
2: Realtors do most of the work
If you have been thinking about selling your home by yourself, then you may not have given enough thought to all that is involved, or you really didn't realize all the things you'd have to do and be up against. There are a lot of people that originally start out on their own. But, after they get a taste of everything involved, they end up with a realtor anyway. Some of the things that need to be done and that a realtor will do for you include:
- Determining the best asking price for your home using comps and other information
- Educating you on improvements that can really improve a home's value
- Educating you on how to get the best curb appeal
- Staging the home to improve the showings
- Holding open houses
- Showing the home
- Taking photos and video of your home for marketing purposes
- Marketing the home via MLS, websites, print ads, flyers, signs, networking, TV, radio, etc.
- Pre-screening buyers to make sure they are pre-approved
- Taking offers and present them to you promptly
- Negotiating the best terms for you
- Representing you during the inspection
- Representing you at the appraisal
- Tending to necessary details throughout the closing process
- Helping you to find a home if you are also going to be a buyer
3. Make the selling process less stressful
Realtors make the selling process much less stressful just by taking so many things off of your plate when they take those things over. However, realtors are also used to working with all types of sellers, so they are great when it comes to knowing what you need when you are selling your home, even if it's just a few reassuring words or being kept informed of how things are going and they will strive to make the whole ordeal as stress-free as possible for you.
For more information about working with a realtor, contact a local real estate business, like Michelle O'Connor Real Estate.